Community Engagement Fundraiser
We are currently seeking a Community Engagement Fundraiser to join our Community Team. This is a hands-on role and the postholder will play a key part in the delivery of the Charity’s
community fundraising strategy to deliver significant income for the charity.
Reporting to: Community Fundraising Manager
Salary: £24,500 – 26,500 (dependent on experience)
Contract: Full time, permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week, weekend and evening working will be required to
attend events and community activities
Annual Leave: 40 days per annum (inclusive of Public Holidays)
Pension: 7% employer and 3% employee contribution
• Supporting the Community Fundraising Manager, you will deliver and implement
the community fundraising strategy to reach agreed income targets, both individually and as
• Identify and lead on new community fundraising initiatives, as agreed with the Community
• Maximise all networking opportunities and assist with the identification of other fundraising
• Actively seek support from new donors within the community and encourage ongoing
support to maximise income targets.
• Input and maintain accurate and efficient recording of all data within relevant company and
customer relationship management systems, in line with General Data Protection
Regulations (GDPR) requirements.
• Lead and maintain partnerships with schools, colleges and universities.
• Identify local clubs and organisations to engage in regular fundraising activities.
• Work alongside the Marketing and Communications team to develop relevant promotional
materials, publications and identify appropriate PR opportunities.
• Ensure best practice for cultivation and stewardship of donors and potential donors is
implemented in all activity, in line with the Institute of Fundraising Code of Fundraising
Practice, charity law, OSCR guidelines and other legal requirements.
• Deliver presentations on the impact of the Charity and attend cheque presentations, as and
• Maximise the use of volunteers in all relevant activity and ensure that all volunteers receive
support for and acknowledgement of their commitment.
Essential Candidate Criteria
• Minimum two years relevant experience in fundraising or similar role.
• Knowledge and experience of using relevant communications software, including customer
relationship management databases.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent project and time management skills.
• Experience of delivering professional and impactful presentations.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Hold a current driving license.
• Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Proactive approach to challenges, employing a flexible approach to achieve goals.
Closing Date: Wednesday 8th June at 5 pm
Interview Date: Thursday 16th June 2022
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Beatson Cancer Charity is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to employing a wide
range of employees who are reflective of the diverse community that we support.