Supporter Care Officer – Fixed Term Contract till November 2023
We are currently seeking a Supporter Care Officer who will play a key role in the smooth running of
the Supporter Care function. The successful candidate will have first-class customer service skills as
well as a wide range of administrative, financial, events administration and database experience.
Reporting to: Head of Individual Giving and Supporter Care
Contract: Full-time, Fixed Term Contract till November 2023
Hours: 35 hours per week, occasional flexible working will be required to attend
events including evenings and weekends
Work Pattern: Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm
Salary: £22,440 per annum
Holidays: 40 days per annum (inclusive of public holidays)
Pension: 7% employer and 3% employee contribution
Location: Induction training will be carried out in the office, thereafter, following a
Hybrid Working model
• Liaise with Supporter Care and Events colleagues to identify and prioritise daily workload,
ensuring all tasks are completed within the required timeframe.
• Responsible for handling all donor and event attendee enquiries in a professional and courteous
manner, providing the required information; recording the communication and actions on the
database and updating the relevant team members. This may include dealing with sensitive and
sometimes complex enquiries requiring problem solving.
• Responsible for the processing and allocation of Supporter Care materials including collection
cans/buckets to donors, internal teams and external agencies.
• Assist with coordinating and supporting Supporter Care volunteers, providing guidance and
direction on allocated tasks to ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
• Responsible for handling the acceptance of all donations made in person.
• Responsible for processing and recording all donations, event income and Gift Aid (received via
post, online, telephone, in person or direct into our bank account) daily by entering on the
database in an accurate and timely manner.
• Responsible for the preparation and processing of all thank you letters for approval by the
appropriate team member.
• Responsible for administering BACS software to collect donations via Direct Debit.
• Responsible for completing the banking reconciliation including reconciling to monies received
in the bank.
• Responsible for setting up new events on the database.
• Responsible for processing new bookings on the database, invoicing attendees and managing
the database requirements for the event.
• Attend any events, including occasional evening and weekend events, including handing all
income collected at event and processing, recording and invoicing all income and data after the
Essential Candidate Criteria
• Proven track record of administering financial processing.
• Proven track record of successful customer or administration support experience.
• Experience of data entry using customer relationship management databases.
• Experience of managing excellent customer service in a fast-moving environment.
• Ability to prioritise workload across several projects, managing own time efficiently and
exercise urgency to meet deadlines.
• Ability to interpret situations to decide the appropriate steps to resolve.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and observe General Data Protection Regulations.
Desirable Candidate Criteria
• Experience of working with the ’ThankQ’ database system or similar.
• Full clean UK driving licence.
• Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional numerical, analytical and administrative skills.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Proficient in IT and systems – Microsoft Office 365 and databases.
• Committed to our mission of supporting people affected by cancer, every step of the way.
If you do not meet all the essential criteria, in relation to experience, and meet the person
specification and the Charity values then please get in touch as we’d love to hear from you.
Closing Date: Tuesday 9th August 2022
Interview Date: Monday 15th August 2022
Interviews will be held either in person at our office or virtually, depending on candidate
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Beatson Cancer Charity is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to employing a wide
range of employees who are reflective of the diverse community that we support.