Leaving a gift to Beatson Cancer Charity in your Will is a valuable and meaningful way to ensure that future generations will benefit from the very best cancer care and treatment possible.
As more people are diagnosed with cancer in the west of Scotland, demand on The Beatson will only grow. We must ensure we can continue to fund more clinical nurse specialists, state-of-the-art equipment and relaxing therapies or we simply won’t be able to provide the world-class care that so many cancer patients and their families depend on.
types of gifts you can give:
- Residuary gift - after you have provided for your friends and family you can choose to leave a share, or the remainder of your estate to us.
- Pecuniary gift - you may decide to leave an exact sum of money.
- Specific gift - you can leave a gift of property, land, shares, jewellery or other valuables.
- Gift in trust - you can leave a gift for someone to use over a period of time and when that time ends, it can be passed on to us.
follow this simple guide to find out exactly how to leave a legacy:
- Make a list of all your assets. This could land, a house, investments or valuables.
- Decide who you would like to benefit. Caring for your family and friends first and foremost is very important but many people also decide to support a charity or cause close to their heart
- Decide which type of gift you would like to leave.
- Choose your executors and meet your solicitor to discuss your Will.
- Keep your Will safe by leaving a copy with your solicitor or in a safe place at home.
We understand that writing or updating your Will can seem like a daunting task. That’s why we have partnered with McClure Solicitors who provide three simple and essential services to help you.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you are thinking about leaving a gift in your Will to Beatson Cancer Charity, if you already have or if you would like any more information on how to do so. Please contact our Individual Giving Officer, Kirsty Allison, for more information on 0141 212 0505 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org