With not long until the big day we are incredibly excited about going Off The Beatson Track and hope that you are too!
This year’s event is set to be the biggest, best and most yellow yet and we can’t wait to see you in your yellow t-shirts and fantastic fancy dress costumes as we turn the west end of Glasgow yellow in support of Beatson patients and their families.
If you have friends, family or colleagues that have yet to sign up then don’t panic.
You can still register in the following ways:
- Calling – 0141 212 0505 (Deadline Friday 5pm)
- On the day - registration is available on Sunday from 10.00am at the Riverside Museum. (We highly recommend you sign up pre-event)
To register on the day come to our charity marquee where our friendly team will be able to sign you up. If you have yet to receive your wristband or t-shirt then worry not. These items will be available for you in our marquee.
If you have already registered for the event you do not need to register on the day.
timings for the day
STV’s Laura Boyd & David Farrell will be leading the festivities throughout the day. At 10.30am there will be a fun filled warm up from Glasgow’s Zumba Sisters to get you ready to go Off The Beatson Track.
At 11.00am the first wave (white wristbands) of participants will be heading off on the route. With the second wave (yellow wristbands) leaving at 11.15am and the third wave (silver wristbands) at 11.30am.
*To ensure that Off The Beatson Track is a fun and safe event please make sure that you leave with your allocated wave group. It is not a race!!
As always Off The Beatson Track will feature lots of attractions to keep you entertained before, during and after the walk so make sure to come back to the Riverside after you’ve completed the route.
Don’t forget to take pictures and share these throughout the day and share on social media using the #OffTheBeatsonTrack.
plan your journey
We would strongly recommend you to take public transport on Sunday. Patrick Train Station is just a short walk from The Riverside and there are also frequent buses to Partick.
Car parking at the Riverside Museum will be extremely limited on the day and will be available on a first come first served basis. If you do secure a parking space on the day, please purchase your pay and display ticket as normal at machines located throughout the car park. To park all day, you will need to pay at the pay and display and bring your ticket to collect a pass from the Beatson Cancer Charity marquee which entitles you to park at the Riverside for the full day. However, we strongly advise you not to travel by car unless absolutely necessary.
***Please take note - travel disruptions are possible this Sunday due to service alterations on the train lines (More details here). There will also be road closures in the City Centre, so please take note of this if you are planning on driving to the Riverside Musuem this Sunday. (details here)
- Toilets will be available to all participants at The Riverside. These can be found on the ground floor of the museum. There will also be portable toilets along the route including the canal path just off Dorchester Ave.
- The walk goes past the Beatson cafe, which will be open for refreshments and a toilet stop.
- We will have a dog station at the Riverside Museum, filled with water and treats for your pooches!
- Please bring weather appropriate clothing and footwear, we want you to enjoy the day as much as possible.
- We will have photographers on the day. Please let them know if you don't want your photo taken.
- We are also filming this year, so don’t be alarmed if you see a big camera or even a drone!
- If you have one, please bring along your water bottle, and we can fill it for you…alternatively you can buy one of ours on the day!
Please have a read of the water safety guide here: water_safety_guidance.docx
Please pay close attention to all safety messages on the day. For your safety, our bright yellow event marshals will be placed along the route and at the Riverside Museum.
It is incredibly important that you follow instructions from the marshals along the route and be particularly careful where there is open water.
The route that we use is extremely popular so please be aware of pedestrians, runners and cyclists who will also be using the route and stick to one side of narrow paths.
If you have any queries about the event, including the accessibility of the route, call us on 0141 212 0505 or email email@example.com.
We can’t wait to see you on Sunday!